Every successful journey starts with proper planning and preparation. And because this is especially true for retirement, the University of California is offering Pathway to Retirement, a special educational event to help UC faculty and staff plan for the financial security to enjoy all that retirement brings. Whether it’s months or years away, your pathway to a successful retirement starts here!
UC offers comprehensive retirement education events.
Experienced speakers present important topics to help you retire with confidence:
- Envisioning your Retirement
- Income planning for the long term
- UC Pension and Retirement Savings Program benefits
- Social Security benefits and claiming strategies
- Health coverage for retirees
- Navigating the UC retirement process
- Important resources and next steps
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone thinking about retirement and how to prepare for this significant life change. Spouses and partners are encouraged to attend.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Envisioning your Retirement: You've likely spent much of your career supporting UC's mission. What's next? Whether it's watching grandkids, traveling around the world, or helping those in need, doing something meaningful not only makes you happier but also has been shown to improve health. Learn ways to help you figure out your second act.
- Retirement Income Planning: Establishing and sticking to a budget is more important than ever in retirement. Learn what to expect from three main sources of income: UC retirement benefits, Social Security, and other savings. Get tips for maximizing your income and how to develop a plan to make sure your money lasts through retirement.
- Retiree Health: Medical costs in retirement can be significant. What kind of health insurance benefits can you expect from UC, Medicare, and the private market? Learn about your options and projected costs, so that you can budget for these expenses in retirement.
- Retirement Process: Retiring from UC takes planning and knowing where to go for what. The UC Retirement Administration Service Center (RASC) and local benefits offices are ready to help you through the process. Learn what you need to do to make sure the retiring process is smooth and timely. Get familiar with the many resources available to help.
Not only will you learn about retirement essentials, you'll also leave with next steps and resources to delve deeper into all of the presented topics.
UC San Francisco Pathway to Retirement Week, October 5-8 (schedule provided below)
Tuesday, October 5, 2021 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM
Envisioning Retirement and Income Planning for the Long Term
Wednesday, October 6, 2021 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM
Social Security Benefits and Claiming Strategies
Thursday, October 7, 2021 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM
UC Retiree Health Insurance Basics
Friday, October 8, 2021 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM
Your UC Retirement Benefit and How to Retire
HOW TO PREPARE
Make the most of the Pathway to Retirement event by doing some basic research. It helps to know how much retirement income you are projected to have:
- Run your UCRP estimate
- See your projected monthly retirement income from UCRP and Retirement Savings Program accounts
- Get your Social Security benefit estimate
- Understand your current paycheck (and deductions) UCPath
- Familiarize yourself with all the resources on UCnet
WHAT ATTENDEES ARE SAYING
“This session was well organized and simplified enough for me to really start planning my retirement. Also the information provided will give me areas to read further or take online classes.”
“Lots of good information was presented in a way that could be easily understood.”
THE BOTTOM LINE
Pathway to Retirement events are offered across the UC System. Don’t miss this chance to get a complete picture of your retirement. If you have questions, contact UCRSevents@fmr.com.